The VLB data – the perfect basis for your presence
VLB is the central catalogue database for available publications in Germany. Approximately 2.5 million publications by more than 22,000 publishing houses and publishers are indexed in detail in the independent database. Multifaceted check routines and quality checks ensure that data is available in high quality and always up-to-date.
Through powerful interfaces, VLB data can be integrated into your solution, thus forming the perfect data basis for all online shops and book-related internet presences.
The following formats are supported by VLB: ONIX-2.1-Short, ONIX-2.1-Reference, ONIX-3.0-Short, ONIX-3.0-Reference, Json Short, Json Long.
VLB catalogue data offers you a large number of options for using the listed data in an individual and versatile manner:
- Autonomous creation and operation of an online shop, with freedom of choice in terms of design and content. The shop system and the suppliers are not specified.
- Creation and operation of book-related internet presences
- Integration into existing catalogue databases using targeted data supply.
- Enrichment and standardisation of databases based on VLB data (data standardisation)
What data and information is recorded and supplied in the VLB database?
With the metadata from the VLB database, your customers have access to all data available in the VLB, that is, to information on approximately 2.5 million available German and foreign-language publications. In addition to books, e-books, audio books, calendars, cards, DVDs and software as well as other non-book articles (with GTIN) of interest to the book trade are also listed in the VLB.
VLB contains not only the complete bibliographic data (author, title, circulation, publishing firm, price, etc.) and information on availability, but also other information that supports you in sales:
- Cover images
- Contents list and blurb
- Audio samples
- Information about the author
- VLB-archived data additionally provide access to approximately 3.6 million titles that have been archived since 1988.
- In addition, publishing firm addresses can be obtained.
Would you like to find out more or a quotation?
Then call us or send us a brief e-mail:
Daniela Kahl, Key Account Manager, tel. +49 69 1306–237, email@example.com
Are you a bookseller and would like to integrate the VLB data into your online shop? The VLB offers standard solutions for the common white-label shop offerings.